I am so thrilled to announce that tickets for Fashfest 2017 – Canberra’s largest annual red-carpet event – are now on sale through www.fashfest.com.au. Fashfest 2017 will be held from 28 to 30 September, promising us three nights and six distinct shows of total fashion experience.
The 2017 programme showcases the work of more than 40 fashion designers—local, national and international—some putting on their own collections and some forming group shows. The event will be supported by fifteen live musical and DJ acts, bringing the designer collections to life.
Tickets start from $49. VIP and Platinum ‘experience’ include exclusive, guided backstage tours. Discounts available for two show packages and bookings of six tickets. Fashfest will be held at the National Convention Centre Canberra. The first show on each night starts at 7pm and the second at 9.
Now in its fifth year, it is obviously important for Fashfest to continue the same level of quality we have come to expect, and the bar has been set high. I am excited to see what will be on offer this year, and I can now share the following teasers for you.
- For the first time, Fashfest will feature twelve Indigenous designers will each present a high-end look created from textiles made in remote Northern Territory communities.
- There will also be a showcase of six designers from New Zealand, including several labels by Trelise Cooper, sponsored by the New Zealand High Commission.
- Momento Dezigns will present a curated showcase of designers such as Alex Perry, Bec & Bridge, Camilla, Ginger & Smart, KITX, Misha Collection and Moss & Spy.
- The musical performances look to be as diverse as previous years, with band Soulitude, launching as a collective at Fashfest, the one man wonder band that is Ned Philpot and a DJ performance by the DMC turntablist champion Sandman.
- Fashfest has not lost its focus on local and independent designers, with many favorites returning such as Karen Lee, BT, and Zilpah Tart. New independent labels include De Challie Haute Couture, Gabrielle Spencer Bridal, Gehrich and Thunder Thighs.
- And of course we will be seeing Fashfest encouraging new fashion talents as it has every year. Charly Thorn (you must remember THAT gold dress from last year’s show) is back with her spring/summer collection. Ashleigh Bujaroski, will launch her Summer Paradise Seekers label. And young fashion design students from the Canberra Institute of Technology will put on not one, but two, full collections at Fashfest.
The dates are set and tickets are available now, so head to www.fashfest.com.au to secure yours!
Now all I have to do is start thinking about what I’m going to wear…